The chair of Quantum Software Engineering research agenda focuses on three areas: software engineering for embedded systems, software engineering for and with artificial intelligence and analytics, and software engineering for and with quantum computing.
The Chair of Quantum Software Engineering focuses on building a complete body of software engineering research applied to these fields because they typically lack the tools and methodology to create systems for the next ten years of development. Current research focuses on:
- Software engineering of embedded systems
- Software engineering of real-time systems
- Software engineering of specific technologies such as AI-based software, cybersecurity for IoT systems, analytics-aware systems, and quantum computing
- Various combinations of such topics, including:
- Software engineering of AI-based applications embedded in real-time systems
- Software engineering and cybersecurity of quantum computing (potentially for real-time systems)
- Improving Counterexample Quality from Failed Program Verification
Li Huang, Bertrand Meyer, Manuel Oriol.
- Modern Software Architecture for Embedded Real-Time Devices: High Value, Little Overhead
Aurelien Monot, Manuel Oriol, Camille Schneider, Michael Wahler.
In 13th Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA), 2016.
- Class Schema Evolution for Persistent Object-Oriented Software: Model, Empirical Study, and Automated Support
M. Piccioni, M. Oriol, B. Meyer.
In IEEE Transaction on Software Engineering (TSE) 39(2): 184-196 (2013), 2013.
- Random Testing. Evaluation of a Law Describing the Number of Faults Found.
In International Conference on Software Testing (ICST 2012), 2012.
- Practical Dynamic Software Updating for C.
I. Neamtiu, M. Hicks, G. Stoyle, M. Oriol
In Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI 2006), 2006.
Student past projects
- Highly Accurate Genome Classification using Deep Neural Network and Chaos Game Representation.
Sara Omar Soliman Al Safoury.
- Automated Random Testing for Adaptive Systems.
- Automated Generation of Test Oracle for Adaptive Systems.
- Equivalence analysis of quantum programming simulation using concurrent threads.
- User flow optimisation at Chatroulette.
- Development of CI/CD system for autonomous driving scenarios.
Zekarias Taye Hirpo.
- Automatic Quiz Generation System.
Agbeyeye K. Ledi.
- Digitalization and Automization of Manual Processes in Market.
Amr Mohamed Shawky Mohamed.
- Chatroulette Gamification of Website and Introduction of Reputation System.
Temiloluwa Philip Ojo.
- Automated essay scoring system.
- Product Design and Startup Development of Mobile Micro-learning Platform “StudyGram”.
- Marketing research, business model and prototype development for new application for networking and networks’ maintenance.
- StudyGram: EdTech startup implementation.