IT Help Desk Engineer
Constructor Group is the Switzerland based and internationally scaled private initiative focused on Education, Research, and Commercialization.
We are 750+ people team with offices in 7 countries and remote team members in 17 countries in total. The governance model of the organization looks like the holding structure combined with non-profit and for-profit assets.
We are looking for an IT Help Desk Engineer to join our team.
- Providing technical support across the company
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve problems on hardware, software, OS, applications and devices for the members of the team
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers including virtual infrastructure administration (Google cloud, Openstack), servers updating (Windows Server 2019, CentOS 7/8), and network equipment administration (Mikrotik, Unifi),
- Setting up accounts for new users and onboarding them properly
- Day to day management of the help desk - dealing with cases from inception to completion
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and internally raised questions
- Utilize remedy for ticket logging and closure, record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Working with corporate domains including making changes to domain registration DNS for various applications
- Solving the cyber protection issues together with senior IT team members
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
Skills & Experience:
- BSc in tech related fields.
- Good knowledge of the IT infrastructure models, clients’ hardware and software
- Experience in implementation of the variety of software solutions: on-premise and cloud
- Being familiar with IT service Management Systems models and support Managed services such as automation and monitoring.
- 1.5+ years of experience working in Help Desk / tech support.
- Fluent English speaking and writing. German is a big bonus.
About Constructor Group
Constructor Group (formerly Schaffhausen Institute of Technology or "SIT") is a global institution dedicated to promoting Science, Education and Technology. Headquartered in Schaffhausen, Switzerland, Constructor Group is a growing ecosystem comprised of education and research as well as commercial technology spin-offs, consulting services, and investment funds.
Thanks to its two English-language campuses – in Bremen, Germany and in Schaffhausen, Switzerland – Constructor offers interdisciplinary university programs to students from around the globe with flexible learning models, both online and on-site. With research and entrepreneurial mentality at its core, the SIT education ecosystem is a gateway to decisive careers in Technology and Sciences
Constructor University (formerly Jacobs University Bremen) is a place with a comprehensive range of BSc, MSc, and PhD programs that grant the qualifications required to work in any country in the much needed careers of our digitalized world. Each of our students benefit from a well-organized campus life and from powerful synergies within the Constructor research and business ecosystem.
A key distinction of the Constructor Swiss campus is research excellence at the highest international level in Advanced Software Engineering and its unique MSc program preparing future technology leaders.