Schaffhausen Institute of Technology (SIT) is an international institute founded by entrepreneurs, led by scientists, and advanced by world-class researchers.
SIT Autonomous specializes in AI and machine learning consulting services in driverless mobility, robotics, and professional sports.
Tasked with the creation of new products and services, the AI team consists of a group of R&D engineers working on interesting and cutting-edge technologies in the domain of AI and NLP. You will be responsible to work with the team to deliver goals aligned with the R&D business interests of the company.
Python Developer is focused on developing backend services for AI-based applications that can work in the cloud and on-premises.
Duties and responsibilities
- Development of new features for major releases of new and existing applications;
- Writing well-designed, testable and efficient code;
- Providing code documentation and other inputs to technical documents;
- Fixing issues
Qualifications and experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar field; Master’s degree is a plus;
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills;
- 3+ years of Python backend development experience on large-scale systems
- C++ and Go lang knowledge is a plus;
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture;
- Experience with developing microservices for cloud products and REST APIs. Experience with cloud services like AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
- Experience with FastAPI, Flask, databases (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.), RabbitMQ, Redis, Pandas, AMPQ, Apache Ray
- Knowledge of Pytest or other test automation frameworks and tools would be a plus
- Hands-on Docker and Kubernetes experience will be added advantage
What we offer
- Competitive salary;
- Medical insurance (incl. dental care);
- Choice of work equipment (i.e., laptop, monitor, etc.);
- Intensive English practice in the international environment;
- Conferences and professional development coverage;
- International team with experienced entrepreneurs and top-tier scientists (h-index - 100+);
- Socially useful project and an opportunity for personal growth in the international educational organization with headquarters in Switzerland.