Alemira is a digital ecosystem for learning, education and research. Our platform connects, integrates, simplifies learning, and automates processes for educators, researchers, administrators, and lifelong learners. Through advanced technology, our Active Learning tools empower educators and learners and delivers an engaging personalised digital learning experience for each learner. Our mission is to transform learning, education and science and make quality education accessible to all learners globally.
• Location: Bulgaria, Serbia, remote
• Department: R&D
Alemira is looking for a Compliance manager who is highly organised and skilled, acting as the leading expert to build from scratch, implement and maintain an overall Information security program based on ISO 27001 and ISO 27701 and be responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and laws (GDPR, Switzerland DPA, Singapore PDPA) for entire Alemira group of companies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Build from scratch, implement and maintain an Information Security program based on ISO 27001 and ISO 27701 for entire Alemira group of companies,
- Monitor and ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and legal requirements (like GDPR, Switzerland DPA, Singapore PDPA, etc.),
- Take a leading role in independently coordinating all compliance related tasks in accordance with GDPR requirements,
- Managing projects related to compliance and information security,
- Cooperate with business units (legal, engineering, product, IT, etc.) and management on a regular basis to facilitate implementation of security practices and controls within the organisation,
- Create and lead the execution of the compliance roadmap,
- Design and regularly update internal policies, procedures, and instructions,
- Evaluate company risks on an ongoing basis, perform risk assessments, and risk treatment,
- Ensure appropriate contingency plans are in place that set guidelines on how to respond to possible incidents and compliance breaches,
- Ensure and check that agreed procedures are being implemented,
- Evaluate the efficiency of implemented controls,
- Conduct audit reviews and suggest corrective actions,
- Effectively communicate the company’s key ethical and compliance principles,
- Create, organise and conduct data protection and information security training sessions to communicate regulatory changes and requirements,
- Prepare reports for top management.
Qualificaitions and experience
- Expertise in ensuring compliance with GDPR, Swiss DPA, Singapore PDPA, and other similar international regulations;
- Knowledge and expertise in applying ISO2700* series, ISO27701, NIST 800-x standards, others;
- Technical background, deep understanding at technical level;
- Bachelor's degree in IT, business management, legal studies, business administration, project management, or a similar field of study;
- At least 3 years of experience as a governance, risk and compliance manager, compliance officer, compliance manager, or similar;
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software;
- Strong analytical and organisational skills;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Good command of English, to write policies and communicate internally;
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Choice of equipment ( i.e. laptop, monitor, etc).
- Fully remote job with a flexible working schedule
- International company with large-scale projects and global clients.
- Community of passionate experts to exchange knowledge and expertise with.
- Opportunity to contribute to a better future of education together with a friendly and open-minded team.